sE Electronics X1 S
The new gold standard in affordable large-diaphragm condensers
With a hand-crafted and individually tuned custom 1" capsule, high-performance electronics, an all-metal chassis, -10dB and -20dB pads and two low-cut filters, the X1 S has the sound and features you'd expect from a serious high-end studio mic, at only a fraction of the cost.
The X1 S is a refined version of sE's best-selling X1, tuned for advanced performance in every way imaginable. When sE introduced the X1 in 2010, it redefined the potential of an affordable hand-crafted condenser microphone.
With the highest dynamic range and SPL handling capabilities in its class, along with expanded features that dramatically increase its flexibility, the X1 S has been improved in every way - yet is even more affordable than the original.
CUSTOM-DESIGNED, HAND-CRAFTED CAPSULE
Just like its predecessor, the X1 S utilizes a hand-made condenser capsule, meticulously constructed and tuned in sE’s capsule room by technicians with decades of experience. This results in a capsule built like the world’s finest musical instruments - and a capsule truly up to the challenge of recording them.
Where the original X1 was powerful, the redesigned electronics of the X1 S take its performance to a whole new level, giving it the highest dynamic range in its class. ts internal redesign also allows for improved sensitivity, dramatically increased SPL handling (up to 160dB!), and a huge reduction in self-noise.
TWO SWITCHABLE ATTENUATION LEVELS
The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments...think super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums.
TWO SWITCHABLE LOW-CUT FILTERS
Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz, these two filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
The X1 S also comes standard with a mic clip that will securely attach it to any mic stand, but if you're interested in additional mounting and accessory options, you can read about the X1 S bundles below.
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted 1" True Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 30 mV/Pa (-30.5 dBV)
- Max SPL: 140 / 150 / 160 dB (0/10/20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Equivalent noise level: 9 dB(A)
- Dynamic range: 131 / 141 / 151 dB (0/10/20 dB Attentuation pad)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 85 dB
- Low-cut filter: 80 / 160 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 10 / 20dB, switchable
- Powering: 48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: 125 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current consumption: 6 mA
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR connector
- Dimensions: Diameter: 58mm, Length 169mm
- Weight: 445 g