Large diaphragm tube microphone
SONTRONICS MERCURY valve/tube condenser microphone
Launched at the 2017 NAMM Show, our new Sontronics MERCURY is a premium quality valve/tube condenser microphone designed to sound stunning on whatever you're recording, from solo instruments, percussion and vocals to ensemble and orchestral work, overhead and room miking, voiceover and more.
Designed by Sontronics’ founder and designer Trevor Coley, and developed alongside UK artists and producers as well as the engineers at Abbey Road Studios, the MERCURY is hand-built here in our UK Sontronics HQ.
Taking things up a step even further than our multi-award-winning ARIA, the Sontronics MERCURY employs the highest grade components (most of which have less than 1% tolerance, unheard of for a microphone at this price) and a hand-selected and tested European-made ECC81/12AT7 vacuum tube, all of which result in absolutely impeccable results, whatever application you're using it for.
"The MERCURY mic is by far the most outstanding microphone I have come across in my career! It boasts phenomenally low self noise and fantastic range of polar patterns and sounds amazing on my didgeridoo, Native American flutes and percussion."?ADAM RIVIERE, Multi-instrumentalist/Composer/Producer.
The MERCURY gives you an infinite choice of polar patterns from omnidirectional to figure-of-eight and everything in between via the sweepable control knob on the front of the power supply.
The mic also boasts pad (0, -10dB) and low-cut filter (linear, 75Hz) controls, a professional power supply with medical-grade interference filter and boasts incredibly low self-noise for a valve microphone (less than 12dB A-weighted), making this a must-have mic for any studio serious about achieving the best quality results.
Like all Sontronics microphones, MERCURY is covered by our unique Lifetime Warranty which you simply activate by emailing us with details of your purchase
“MERCURY has been almost three years in the making.” says Sontronics’ designer and founder Trevor Coley, “and represents the pinnacle of quality components and British engineering, combined with our passion for making versatile, beautifully made microphones that don’t cost the earth.
"We’ve already had some amazing feedback from top artists who loved working with the prototype so much that they’ve already bought the real thing, and it’s being compared to vintage valve microphones that cost up to ten times the price. Every studio should have one!”
- Made in collaboration with well known producers / technicians (including Paul Epworth, Abbey Road Studios)
- Infinitely adjustable directional pattern between ball, cardioid and eightVersatile applicable: solo instruments,
- speech, orchestral recordings, room microphone, overheads
- 1.07-inch capsule
- Rand polarized
- Hand-selected ECC81 / 12AT7 vacuum tube
- Frequency range: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Pad: 0 dB, -10 dBFilter: Linear, 75 Hz
- Impedance: <200 ohms
- Sensitivity: 18 mV / Pa -33 dB ± 1.5 dB (0 dB = 1 V / Pa @ 1,000 Hz)
- Equivalent noise level: <12 dB (A-weighted)Max. Sound pressure level: 125 dB (at 0.5% THD @ 1,000Hz)Power
- supply of the power supply: 230 V / 115 V.
- Comes with: Wooden box, power supply, power cable, connection cable, microphone shock mount, aluminium case
- Made in England